My mission with this Valentine's dinner, was to use ingredients that I had already in my pantry, freezer or fridge. Translation: Don't make me go to the store with all three kids!!!!! Mission accomplished!
Mushroom Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops
Old Bay Seasoning to taste
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
1 package sliced, fresh mushrooms
1/2 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. fat free milk
1/4 c. water
1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1. Season pork chops with old Bay seasoning to taste.
2. In a large skillet, brown pork in olive oil over medium-high heat. Let the pork get nice and brown on each side then remove from pan. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet to soften and brown. Add the chicken broth to de-glaze the pan and get all those yummy pork bits to add flavor for the gravy. Cook onion and mushroom until soft and onions are golden brown.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, water and mushroom soup. Use a wisk to mix it all together. Add more Old Bay, cracked pepper or any other seasoning that may be calling to you, to give the gravy even more flavor.
4. Place browned pork chops on top of onions and mushrooms and pour soup mixture on top, covering the chops.
5. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes. Serve over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Ooey, Gooey Chocolate Chip And Toffee Bars
2 hours ago