Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quick and Delicious Corn Muffins



This is the time of year to start making all your delicious soups, stews and chili. What goes great with chili and soups? Corn bread!

I found this recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and was surprised that Bisquick was the main ingredient and that it had only a few tablespoons of corn meal.

The result was a hit with my whole family. This is going to be my new "go to" corn bread recipe. It was slightly sweet and not dry at all. Perfect for a fall night coupled with your favorite chili. I'm actually looking for a good chili recipe. So if you have one...let me know!

Quick and Delicious Corn Muffins

3 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
3 cups bisquick or I used Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
3 heaping tablespoons corn meal
2 sticks (1 cup) melted butter (you need the real stuff)
¾ tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar

Mix with fork (not a mixer or it will fall). Mixture will have small lumps. Put in a 9x13 ungreased pan or muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes if in 9X13 or 20-25 minutes for muffins. Serve while warm with honey butter.


post signature

8 comments:

  1. We're in the same vein today- I posted a corn casserole. Both are so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corn muffins or cornbread. These looks great!! They would be perfect with chili :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love these! i'm always looking for yummy cornbread recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn muffins for the exact reasons you mentioned! These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great and interesting recipe! Thanks for sharing, looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will give this one a try; I always thought that cornbread was a little dry so this one might just become one of my favorites too. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good. Corn bread is something we've only heard of in literature/films, still curious.

    Pity we don't get those box mix brands in the UK. Hmm, I hope to try this one day with Chilli, which call Chilli con carne, which has red kidney beans in it. Yumm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!