I love salmon! My favorite way to eat salmon is Horseradish Encrusted Salmon, but this recipe is a very close second. It is so fast and easy. Even my kids love this one. Serve this up with some broccoli and a baked sweet potato and you have a delicious and healthy meal.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Cut salmon widthwise into four pieces. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Brush evenly over salmon. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.