Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon


I love salmon! My favorite way to eat salmon is Horseradish Encrusted Salmon, but this recipe is a very close second. It is so fast and easy. Even my kids love this one. Serve this up with some broccoli and a baked sweet potato and you have a delicious and healthy meal.

Ingredients

  • 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar

Directions

  • Cut salmon widthwise into four pieces. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Brush evenly over salmon. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.

post signature

15 comments:

  1. What a great healthy recipe. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salmon, too...this glaze looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like salmon, but have never cooked it at home. This sounds like a great recipe to get started with. I love the components of this recipe, the mustard, soy and brown sugar - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simmple, healthy and delicious. You can't go wrong with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salmon too and this recipe looks delish. I work next to a Costco - I may have to run over there and get some salmon this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love us some salmon but they (the other four in my family) don't want to stray from the Ol' Bay rub their Dad uses to make ours! Grrr! Guess I'll just make my own so I can give this a try!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think salmon is my middle name - no wait - I know salmon is my middle name - the glaze is what makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love salmon. What a delish dish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never ate salmon or tried salmon--- I know-- bad Jenny! Well I think I may be willing to try this. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried salmon before but my mother in law loves it. I will have to give it a try when I am not a chicken : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous glaze on this salmon. Such a healthy delicious dish! Have to check out that horseradish one again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a tasty glaze for salmon! I like the sweetness of the brown sugar in it. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this sounds fantastic! and thanks for the nutritional info, i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! We love salmon at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have recently come to really like salmon. I used to only like halibut in the whole seafood category. Salmon is now second. And those are the only two fish I really like.
    Yum to this one! My kids even like salmon, too! (Which is odd considering all the things I make that they don't like!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!