Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Comforting Crock Pot Stew


If you could take comfort and put it in a crock pot...this is it.

Tender potatoes, sweet carrots and flavorful stew meat covered in delicious gravy.

This stew even makes rainy days and Mondays feel better. Especially rainy days....

Crock Pot Stew

1-2 packages of stew meat, cut up and browned
1 package of pre-cut carrots
8 potatoes, peeled and quartered
onion, chopped (optional)

Mix Together:
1 can cream of celery (I used 98% fat free)
1 can cream of mushroom (I used 98% fat free)
1 (4 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Layer in Crock Pot:

1. 1/2 meat
2. 1/2 veggies
3. 1/2 sauce
4. remaining meat
5. remaining veggies
6. remaining sauce

Cover and let cook in crock pot for 4-6 hours. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours and then on low for the remaining time.

Note: When I am short on time, I parboil the potatoes and carrots to make sure that they are cooked through.

This is how my daughter and hubby like it. Covered in fresh ground black pepper. That's way too much for me. :)

post signature

17 comments:

  1. this is one thick and hearty stew and I am with the pepper crowd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beef stew looks delicious! I am going to have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how yummy! i don't think it gets more comforting then this, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really delicious and so comforting! Love those crock pot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm... that looks SOOO good @___@
    but too bad it sucks to be on a diet right now, im staying away from mostly anything canned soup/creams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love beef stew...this sounds so wonderful, warm & comforting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been craving beef stew/soup and this is making me really hungry!! I can just taste it now with a biscuit on the side :D Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for an easy beef stew. YUM! I agree with your daughter and husband with all of the black pepper! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stew made in the crock pot! Served with biscuits, it's my favorite cool weather meal; comfort food at it's best!
    Your stew looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter and hubs has the right idea! Love fresh ground black pepper!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is such the perfect meal, and made in a crock pot makes it even more appealing, and I am with your family on the pepper, shake it on:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm going to try out this recipe very soon. Sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMM... Looks fabulous! All ingredients the hubby will eat too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks delicious..and that means I must make it at once. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this today. It was delicious!

    You can check it out:
    http://tamiskitchentabletalk.blogspot.com/2009/11/crockpot-beef-stew.html

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings all!
    I just come over in order to let you know that I think that Comforting Crock Pot Stew and a $150 Spa Gift Card Giveaway is such a great affair. In fact , I wish there were many more sites as nice and kind as this. Thanks a lot for sharing such a great piece of recipe. I think you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!