Monday, June 8, 2009

Kid's Corner: Chiquita Smoothies with Kenna

Summer vacation is here so I decided to teach my little girl to cook. We are doing 1 hour of school in the morning to keep up their skills, but I thought that hands on kitchen experience would teach them math skills, science and health AND it's fun!

Kenna already has her favorite things to make, so we'll start out with those. This week we will feature some awesome smoothies that are so easy for kids to make. Kenna likes to make these for the neighborhood kids. She is famous for her smoothies and sandwich bread pizzas.

Here is how she makes the smoothies:

Choose your favorite flavor of smoothie:


Mixed Berry, Strawberry Banana, Banana Colada, and Peach Mango




The neighbor kids chose mixed berry today.




Pour the mix into the blender.



Add 1/2 container of cold water.



Add 2 containers of ice cubes.



Blend for 1 minute until smooth.


Serve to friends and enjoy! Shhhhhh........Don't tell them that every 8 oz. serving gives them 1 serving of fruit!


Look for more Kid's Corner recipes to come!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. My little one loves smoothies. I'll have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking with kids - your daughter looks like a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted a fun idea for cooking with kids this morning on my blog and then found this here. I hope you don't mind that I linked to this post in mine. What a great idea to have them make their own smoothies. I wonder if they sell that mix out here in the East!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love her sweet, happy smile! But how can you not with that refresing smoothie? banana colada for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we have chiquita smoothies here..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love kids cooking ideas. My girls love to be in the kitchen. Your daughter looks like a great helper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try and teach my son basic things - mac and cheese stuff like that..

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute, i need to work with my daughter more in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious!! So refreshing and such a healthy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is such a cute kid, and she likes to make things around the kitchen too! Smoothie is a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute and diligent child .. I think the drink look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good!

    I made a smoothie for Jake just yesterday with oj, fruit, etc. We don't have those mixes where I am...otherwise I'd have to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!