Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oreo Cookies and Cream Frosting



This has cheat day written all over it!

This was dessert from when the missionaries came over. I only had a white cake, but I think that chocolate cake would have been even more impressive.

This frosting is so smooth and it's sweet but not too sweet. The best thing about it is that you can vary the flavoring by using different flavors of pudding.


Oreo Cookies and Cream Frosting

1 package (large) Cookies and Cream, instant Jell-O pudding

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1 cup cold milk (I used skim)

1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip (I used fat free)

Combine the pudding, powdered sugar and milk in a mixing bowl. Beat for about 1 minute, until it is well blended. Fold in Cool Whip and spread on cooled cake. Keep refrigerated.

10 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy. The frosting sounds so good. A nice change from plain old icing. I can't wait to try this one! I love your plates too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bad would it be if I just made the frosting, but didn't made a cake! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not judge you Teresa. I have done far worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Teresa...can I lick the bowl when she is done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea for a blog! I LOVE the name and the pictures and the recipes...okay I love everything! I will totally be checking back!

    And thank you so much for your sweet email! You totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know they made cookies 'n' cream pudding! How delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that frosting just looks out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy and so easy! I had to share it with our readers and of course refer them to your fabulous site!

    http://georgietees.blogspot.com/2009/04/cheat-day-cafe-oreo-cookies-and-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks delicious!I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
    謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

    參觀,Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!