Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Birthday Boy Brownie Pops
I just wanted to show you the cute brownie pops that I made for my son's kindergarten class. Yes, they were time consuming, but they turned out better than I had hoped. Here is how to make them:
Wilton Brownie Pop Silicone pan
Cookie treat sticks
2 inch foam
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare brownies using box directions.
2. Spray brownie pop pan with cooking spray. Fill each cavity 3/4 full with batter. Place brownie mold on cookie sheet and place in hot oven for 20 minutes. Take brownies out and place a cookie treat stick in the top of the partially cooked brownie. Place back into oven for 10 more minutes.
3. When brownies are completely cooled, remove form mold by turning it sideways and pushing gently on bottom of each cavity.
4. Melt chocolate to dip the tip of the brownie in and sprinkle with sprinkles. Secure cookie treat stick in foam and let chocolate dry completely.
5. When dry, place in lollipop bags and tie with decorative ribbon.
I didn't do step #2 with baking the sticks in the mold, but I wish that I had and I'll do that next time. This has definitely been a learning process!
The other thing I would do, is use a 40% off coupon at Michael's and buy another brownie pop pan. It only makes 8 at a time and you need to completely cool in between batches. It was a long process!
This pan is really fun because there are so many things you can do with it! You can even use it to mold ice cream treats too.