Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Boy Brownie Pops



I just wanted to show you the cute brownie pops that I made for my son's kindergarten class. Yes, they were time consuming, but they turned out better than I had hoped. Here is how to make them:

Materials:
Brownie mix
Wilton Brownie Pop Silicone pan
Cooking spray
Cookie treat sticks
Chocolate melts
Sprinkles
Lollipop bags
2 inch foam
Decorative ribbon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare brownies using box directions.

2. Spray brownie pop pan with cooking spray. Fill each cavity 3/4 full with batter. Place brownie mold on cookie sheet and place in hot oven for 20 minutes. Take brownies out and place a cookie treat stick in the top of the partially cooked brownie. Place back into oven for 10 more minutes.

3. When brownies are completely cooled, remove form mold by turning it sideways and pushing gently on bottom of each cavity.

4. Melt chocolate to dip the tip of the brownie in and sprinkle with sprinkles. Secure cookie treat stick in foam and let chocolate dry completely.

5. When dry, place in lollipop bags and tie with decorative ribbon.


I didn't do step #2 with baking the sticks in the mold, but I wish that I had and I'll do that next time. This has definitely been a learning process!

The other thing I would do, is use a 40% off coupon at Michael's and buy another brownie pop pan. It only makes 8 at a time and you need to completely cool in between batches. It was a long process!

This pan is really fun because there are so many things you can do with it! You can even use it to mold ice cream treats too.

9 comments:

  1. Hi! First time here. Found you through Heidis blog.. Love these they are so adorable.. Your blog has some great stuff.. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I totally want to make these now!!!

    Thanks!

    -Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorble. I have never saw a brownie pop pan. I wonder if you could wing it with cookie cutters. I made your cheesecake stuffed strawberries and posted them today. Just wanted to thank you for the brilliant recipe. I am in love with that filling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute, adn sometime's it's fun to make something that takes time, it feels like a good accomplishment. These look so good, waht lucky boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! I bet the kids enjoyed them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! I bet they loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little pops, they are so adorable. Thanks to your suggestion all nest week will be deep fried dessert week. We are also putting your button onto our blog, by the way just how and where did you get it? we would like to create one as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, though I could eat the whole batch! Fun for the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurry over and see your Deep Fried Oreo's !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!