Friday, February 20, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins


This is one of those recipes that you have to try for yourself to believe. There are only two ingredients and is a must if you need a chocolate fix. This is so easy:

Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins


1 box devil's food cake mix
1 15 oz. can solid pack pumpkin

Directions: Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl with beaters. Don't add any eggs, oil or water. The mixture will be very thick, but don't be tempted to add ANYTHING! Put batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper or non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Do not overcook. Start at 10 minutes and check. Add minutes as needed. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

I put a small cookie scoop of batter into a sprayed Wilton's Bite-Sized Brownie Squares Pan and then used a knife to spread it to make a flat top. Using this pan, I got 58 brownie bites. I baked each batch at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Note: These freeze very well. Just warm in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds.

1 muffin or 3 minis=181 calories, 3.5 g fat, 37 carbs, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 4 WW points

3 of my brownie squares came to 117 calories, 2 g fat, 1.5 g fiber, 2 WW points. You can figure out your totals depending on how many muffins you get. Just figure out the total amount of calories, fat and fiber in both the cake mix and canned pumpkin. Add the calories of the cake and pumpkin together and then divide by the number of muffins you made. Repeat with fat and fiber.

If you haven't already, bookmark my page and come back soon for another pumpkin recipe in the works!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog! Your blog is darling. I LOVE the name especially. I've actually had these brownies before. My MIL made them over Christmas. VERY tasty :)

    p.s. LOVE your red plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried these- they are pretty delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for having this on the web I used to make this along time ago when i was on ww-it was a real treat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!