Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins


I wanted to revisit a past post of mine and make a variation. I had a yellow cake mix and pumpkin pie filling in my pantry so I decided to give this a try:



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (makes 24 muffins)

1 box yellow cake mix
15 oz. canned pumpkin pie filling (not pumpkin puree)
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Put cake mix in a mixing bowl and break up clumps with a fork. Add pumpkin and mix until it is all incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin cups 1/2 full and place in 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.

I got the idea to drizzle these from Reeni at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice. Just melt some semi sweet chocolate chips in a plastic baggie, cut off the tip and drizzle over the muffins.


I think I may have a "drizzling" problem. I want to drizzle everything with chocolate!





post signature

13 comments:

  1. These look wonderful..Everything tastes better with chocolate..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin and chocolate chip are a great combo! And everything tastes better drizzled with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make some cookies with those same ingredients (except for using a spice cake mix) and they're one of our fall favorites. I love your idea for making them into cupcakes and drizzling chocolate on them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness. This looks fantastic. Love this flavor combination. And so simple to make. I am so so so bookmarking this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an amazing weight watchers recipe very similar. You mix the yellow cake mix, can of pumpkin and 1 egg (its very stiff). Pour in 9 x 13, bake and top with cool whip once it is cooled. It is amazing. These cupcakes sound much the same and I have to give them a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious and there is nothing wrong with drizzling everything with chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog...now I have another great recipe blog to stock! Your recipes look fantastic. I'm especially glad you posted about the caramel on the pretzel rods because I'm making these for a shower soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many DELICIOUS recipes here! YUM YUM

    The best foods are made at home by cooks who love food and the people whom they are serving.

    Well done!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I am pleased to welcome you and invite you to return again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! I love the pumpkin and chocolate combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never thought of drizzling chocolate on muffins. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! My favorite combination is pumpkin and chocolate. Thank you!
    http://www.grubandstuff.blogspot.com/
    Kasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is better drizzled with chocolate. Sounds like a great easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol..I too have the same drizzle problem! Ist not a bad thing is it??? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!