Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sugar Free Jell-O Cupcakes



Today I decided to test my hypothesis. Did you read my diet soda post? I wanted to see if I could replace the diet soda with sugar free Jell-O with the same results. I used a white cake box mix and added two egg whites and 10 oz. of liquid from orange flavored sugar free Jell-O. They baked up perfectly and the orange flavor really came through. You could have a lot of fun with this one. Think of all the combinations you could create! And no oil. Amazing! To get the directions, just follow the diet soda link and substitute Jell-O for the diet soda.



For the frosting, I took about 3/4 c. of dark chocolate frosting from a can and put it in a small glass bowl. I then microwaved it for about 15 seconds. I stirred it and dipped the tops in and let the excess drip off. That little bit of frosting covered about 40 mini cupcakes. Not bad! And it looks so pretty. The frosting does kind of drip down the sides, so keeping the frosting thin by microwaving it every couple minutes should help it from getting too heavy. You could also try putting them in the fridge to set up faster.


6 comments:

  1. What a great blog! We have a lot in common, living in PA, LDS, constantly on a diet, how cool! I'm going to have fun visiting often!
    teresa
    ablogaboutfood2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a great theory to test out!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy and I have several flavors of Jell-o in my cabinet that I would like to use up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...hold on a minute...

    Sorry, I was drooling.

    I stopped by from the UBP and I may never leave now. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh..that looks so good! I'm definately going to try these! Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just made them :) they came out so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!