Monday, February 23, 2009

Oven Fried Zucchini


I love zucchini, but I'm the only one in my family who will eat it. I decided to try a "fried" zucchini recipe that my kids might like too. It uses panko bread crumbs and is baked in the oven. The panko stays light and crispy, unlike regular bread crumbs which tend to get soggy. This is a nice change as a side dish or snack. By the way, my boys loved this. My daughter....she said that she was "full". Well....you can't win'em all!

Oven Fried Zucchini

1 zucchini, sliced thin (I used the cheese slicer on side of cheese grater)
1 egg
1 cup Panko bread crumbs (found in Asian aisle)
salt
garlic salt
old bay seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, beat egg using fork. Add some salt to egg mixture. Add sliced zucchini and mix until zucchini is coated with egg. Prepare a large cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl and one by one, add zucchini, coat with crumbs and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle garlic salt and old bay seasoning lightly over slices. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until soft and golden brown, turning zucchini slices halfway through. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.



P.S.- Today is my 1 month blogoversary! Leave a comment and tell what you think so far. Is there anything that you would like to see more of?

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!