2 liter soda bottle or smaller plastic soda bottle (that's what I used)
red wine, apple cider or balsamic vinegar
banana peels, small pieces of fruit
1. Get your bottle and take the cap off the top.
2. Put the bottle on it's side and cut the top 1/4 off the bottle.
3. Pour the vinegar into the bottom of the bottle.
4. Place fruit and peels into the bottle.
5. Turn neck of the bottle upside down and place inside bottle. It should fit snugly.
6. Secure with tape.
Just place one of these traps where you are having the fruit fly problem and soon they will all be inside the bottle, lured by the fermenting fruit, and won't be able to find their way out of the bottle.
Believe me! This works great.
If you haven't entered yet....here are some great giveaways!
I was given $200 to spend on JMS clothes at Wal-Mart. Leave a comment and tell me which outfit you like best and you will be entered to win a $500 Wal-Mart gift card. Ends 8/31.
Ever have a kitchen disaster? Read about mine and then tell me a funny experience of yours to be entered to win a $150 Visa gift card from Laughing Cow. Just go to my review blog: Cheat Day News and Reviews for all the fun! Ends 9/12.