Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kid's Corner: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake


Do you want to boost your child's self confidence and help them feel proud of an accomplishment? Let them make cake!

THIS CAKE!

Kenna made this cake, from start to finish, with verbal direction from me. She was so proud of her creation and couldn't wait for us to try it!

It was delicious and we let her know it!!!!! She was beaming inside and we had such a good night with her. She was so helpful and even lightened up on teasing her brother. Now that is a miracle!

It is amazing what a little praise and success can do for a child.

Here is the recipe for success:

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

24 Ice Cream Sandwiches (can use reduced fat, or mint)

12 oz. whipped topping (used light)

Your favorite chocolate sauce

Here is the step by step:

Get those ice cream sandwiches out of their wrappers!

Layer 1/2 of the sandwiches in glass 9 x 13 dish.


Top with 1/2" of whipped topping

Repeat layers.

Drizzle top layer with chocolate sauce.

Freeze until ready to serve.

Note: You can add toffee chips, chopped peanut butter cups or whatever your heart desires on the whipped topping layer. This is a great time to teach creativity and self expression!

This dessert serves 12


post signature

12 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! No one would guess how easy it is to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be making this shortly in our house. My kids love to bake and this is perfect for them, besides I love ice cream sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! Who knew something so simple could look so great?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! All those layers look so yummy! Kenna did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I can't wait to do stuff like this with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good and easy too! I want to go to kids corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have a huge piece right now! Looks perfect for a dessert on a hot summer night like today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks so easy and delicious! Great idea!

    Thank you so much for coming by my little blog. I am so very pleased to make your acquaintance. It is so fun for me to meet and make new foodie friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter made this last night for FHE. It was a huge hit and she had fun doing it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what we're doing this weekend!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!! I love working in the kitchen with my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great! I love ice cream sandwiches! and that is so fun your daughter did it! I found your blog through a link party and I LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    this looks easy and good, my stlye cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!