Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kid's Corner: (Yummy and Easy) Gluten-Free Cookies

I have recently experienced the "joys" of gluten-free cooking. It is amazing how much stuff has gluten in it!

We have a missionary at church who has celiac disease and I usually have them over for dinner at least once a month. I always want to make something special for them since they are far away from home and work so hard. I had to scrap so many of my ideas because of gluten. Did you know soy sauce has wheat in it? What a pain!


I did find this recipe for gluten-free cookies that only has 4 ingredients and taste great! I put Kenna in charge of making these and she loved it!

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix the above ingredients in a mixing box until fully incorporated. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Press crisscross pattern onn cookie dough ball with tongs of a fork. Place in oven at 325 degrees for 7-9 minutes.



post signature

11 comments:

  1. I recently spent a week cooking for my cousin with celiac and was also shocked that there was gluten in almost everything I make. I went through all the main dishes on my blog and found maybe 5 that weren't . I was totally amazed at what a lifestyle adjustment being celiac would be. How wonderful to cook things that the missionary can especially eat. I bet he appreciates that. I tried to make some gluten free pb cookies while my cousin was here and ended up just using a gluten free flour mix from the health store. Good, but not quite the same. Plus yours look much easier.

    PS I discovered that La Choy soy sauce does not contain gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cookie recipe 2/ only 4 items in it!!!! NICE AD SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like the PB cookies I used to make when I was a kid. So simple and so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been making these cookies for years... they are easy and yummy, gluten or no gluten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, gluten and wheat are in everything. My 2 year old is allergic to wheat and it is so hard to find things for him to eat. We have a very hard time going out away from the house with him. These look very yummy, not like you would miss the wheat at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't beat a good peanut butter cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice easy recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! such a simple recipe!! those look and probably taste AWESOME!
    :)
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids would love to make these. Anything they can do on their own, they would love! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these aswell awhile back and they were pretty darn good I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glutten free- I have a friend I had better link to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!