Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kid's Corner: Chocolate Covered Spider Legs


Who here loves Halloween?

Meeeeeeeeeee!

And it has nothing to do with the candy, and the treats and the caramel apples...

Not. A. Thing.

Who am I kidding? I have to wait to buy Halloween candy until the 31st so that I won't be tempted to eat it!!! Give me strength!

Here to kick off October is a fun little activity to do with the kids. I'm sure they will love making these little chocolate covered delights!

Don't they look like tarantula legs? Yuck! Kids love gross things though. I'm always reminded of that when they want to buy candy that you squirt out of a tube. Maybe I should buy some of that to pass out as Halloween candy this year. You'd never catch me sneaking that stuff!



Chocolate Covered Spider Legs

Here is what you need:

Chocolate: white, dark, milk or a mix of all three
thin pretzels (tied, not sticks) broken into large peices
peanuts (optional but a great addition)

Directions:

1. Melt chocolate in an electric skillet on low heat or in the microwave in a large mixing bowl. Stir the chocolate as it melts. You can add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil or shortening to the melted chocolate to thin it out.

2. When the chocolate is completely melted, add the pretzels and peanuts. Stir until it is all coated. Continue to add pretzel pieces and peanuts until the chocolate is evenly distributed.

3. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

4. Place in refrigerator until hardened.



Happy Haunting!

post signature

22 comments:

  1. how fun! can't wait to try these with my kids!!

    halloween is my fave holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! Another one for my October file! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love Halloween! These are a great idea and I love your packaging. I'm getting ready to get started on some recipes. Have you seen the nutter butter cookies that are dipped in white chocolate (to look like a ghost) and then have two black icing eyes? So cute. So many fun ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool!!!! Im going to make that for my two kids! thanks for such a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Adorable for kids treats for their classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! I love chocolate pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I know my little boy would get a kick out of these. Thanks!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love these at our house too. Love the cute bag you put them in. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melody...
    It's matti from Smithalicious.
    I came to spy on your blog for our giveaway entries. I'm in HEAVAN! I love the cheat day idea and your site is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is too fun, my kids would go nuts for these, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! An easy AND tasty treat for the kiddos!

    Happy Friday!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. Theyd have such fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the spider legs! And I am sooooo with you, I cant buy candy till Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these, but have never thought of that name for them. Super cute packaging idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea! So much better than the chowmein noodles! My boys will love these! Thanks and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...love Halloween! The kids would love making these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanls for linking up to MIMI LEE!!!

    I have an award for you, come on over and see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much fun! My kids would probably munch on legs all night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute idea! My girl would love to take a big batch of these to school.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute idea and sounds delicious. I needed something clever to take to a few people. Thanks for that idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!