Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ritzy Chicken

I got this recipe years ago from my sister, Amy. She has given me so many recipes that have become regulars at my house. I made this one last week when we had the missionaries over for dinner. I forgot how moist this recipe made the chicken and how much I loved the buttery, crunchy coating. It was delicious.

From my sister, to me , to you.....Enjoy!

Ritzy Chicken

1 c. sour cream (I used light)

2 Tbsp. lemon juice

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp. celery salt

1 tsp. paprika

1-2 cloves of garlic minced

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

chicken breasts

For coating:

1 1/2 c. Ritz crackers (blended or crushed into crumbs)

1 tsp. garlic salt

1/2 c. butter (I actually just used spray butter to cut down on fat)

2 T. poppy seeds

Combine first 8 ingredients in a gallon size resealable bag. Add chicken and marinade all day or overnight. Remove chicken and roll in crumbs and garlic salt mixture.

Arrange in a 9x13 or jelly roll pan and drizzle 1/2 of the butter over the chicken. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Spoon poppy seeds and remaining butter over chicken and cook for an additional 15 minutes.post signature

11 comments:

  1. I love Ritz breading! It has the perfect crunchy texture. I'll have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks great! I will have to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ritz chicken. It's so easy and delicious~ your header is so cute by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had chicken this way, sounds and looks very yummie...I'll definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, if you're blue
    And you don't know where to go to
    Why don't you go where fashion sits
    Puttin' on the Ritz
    Different types who wear a daycoat
    Pants with stripes and cutaway coat
    Perfect fits
    Puttin' on the Ritz

    Dressed up like a million dollar trooper
    Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper
    Super-duper

    Come, let's mix where Rockefellers
    Walk with sticks or "umberellas"
    In their mitts
    Puttin' on the Ritz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The marinade sounds like it would make that chicken super yummy. Does your breading stay crunchy baked like that? Too often it doesn't get crunchy or stay that way.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, thanks for sharing! I want to try that this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound delicious! I used a similar topping for a tomato casserole. The marinade has a lot of great flavor to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ritz crackers sounds like the perfect coating for chicken. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm..this looks great! off to the recipe box it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!