Friday, April 10, 2009

Nutter Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs


When I think of Easter candy, I think of peeps, jelly beans and the peanut butter egg. Mmmmmm....they are so yummy. I've been wanting to make peanut butter eggs for a long time now, so I decided that this would be the year. I recruited my 7 year old daughter and she had a great time helping.


I'm all about short cuts, so I made these using Nutter Butter cookies. I used the same recipe as the Oreo Truffles, but substituted Nutter Butters for the Oreos.

After making the truffle mixture:


1. Roll them into small balls, flatten and shape into egg shape. Please don't look at my old, ugly cookie sheets! I'm so embarrassed.

2. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes. I kept the eggs in the freezer and took one out at a time to dip.


3. Melt chocolate, dip peanut butter eggs and place on wax paper to dry.

4. Decorate as desired with sprinkles, decorator frosting or drizzle with contrasting color of chocolate.
Yield: 36 eggs

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. These look amazing! What a great idea using the cookie truffle recipes. We love nutter butters,so I will have to try this. My favorite easter treat is the reeces peanut butter eggs. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I've been looking for an easy way to make these eggs, they are my favorite Easter candy! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! Peanut Butter eggs are my favorite Easter treat. And such a fun thing to make with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME idea. Oooh, I've already got my Easter menu planned, but I may have to add these too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing! Using Nutterbutter cookies was such a tasty idea :), these look like they were fun to make too. I'd like to share your recipe with our readers. Please let me know if you're interested; you can email me at sophie@keyingredient.com. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I made these on my site it looks like a week or so after you did! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummmmmmmmmmmm that so good omg i could eats all of that in one day. ooooo ya hahahahaha yu should send that to me lmao jk jk jk jk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!