Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kid's Corner: Celebration Cupcake Kabobs


The holidays are a great time to get the kids busy in the kitchen. It is a great excuse to get out the frosting and sprinkles. Am I right?

I saw this idea for cupcake kabobs on the ever popular blog, Cupcakes Take the Cake. Kristen from Meringue Bake Shop made a really cute tutorial on how to make the kabob. She used strawberries instead of rice crispy treats and they looked awesome. I knew I had to make these with the kids.

It's pretty much putting together 3 components:

Mini cupcakes

Marshmallows

Strawberries or rice crispy treats

Let your creativity take over and do something unexpected!

Have fun and Happy Fourth of July!!!

post signature

17 comments:

  1. OMG...these are so darn cute. They are not just for the kids right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness..these are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo cute. I am a big cupcake fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cupcakes are so beyond adorable. What I wouldnt give for 1/8th of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!!! i may have to make these this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how cute are these!! They look like dessert firework sparklers! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rice krispie star addition! I made them too at www.kitchendoughdough.com...aren't they SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these on Cupcakes Take... and thought they were cute, but yours are great! I love the star shaped krispies, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute!!!!! A perfect snack for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How fun are those? I think my kids will be giving those a try in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just look at all that sweet sugary scrummieness :)

    (I to am a Melody)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so cute and fun! And yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way too cute! I like your blog. Will peak in again. Happy 4th of July.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! What a sweet way to eat kabobs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable idea! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kabobs came out great!! Love the stars. Thanks for the shout out. :-)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!