Monday, June 29, 2009

Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro

Have you picked up the June/July Food Network magazine? It has some of Bobby Flay's creations from his new book Burgers, Fries and Shakes. Good stuff!

I decided to try his grilled sweet potatoes. They are so delicious with the salt that is prepared with lime peel and cayenne. You've got to try this easy and healthy alternative to regular french fries.

Here is the recipe:

3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled

Kosher Salt

2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest

Pinch of cayenne pepper

1/4 c. canola oil

Freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

1. Parcook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork tender: let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.

2. Preheat grill to medium or place cast iron grillpan over medium heat. Mix 1 tablespoon of salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.

3. Brush the potatoes with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.

I made teriyaki burgers with grilled pineapple slices too. One of my favorite things!


post signature

9 comments:

  1. This is a new one. I always do sweet potatoes...sweet. :) This sounds good though, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves all things with cilantro and this is something I've never seen before. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a Bobby Flay recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the spicy, sweet, and bit of sour flavors in these! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like everything in this picture - the burger the sweet taters the whole sha-bang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really great! They're an awesome summer side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the combination of flavors sounds so yummy...they looks so appetizing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweet potatoes. This is such a great way to prepare them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried sweet potato fries, but I hear they are excellent! I'm going to give this a try very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!