Candy Cane Snowballs
30 ServingsPrep: 25 + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped (I used chocolate. Not a big fan of white chocolate)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. Apart on ungreased baking sheets.Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the top of each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Dip into peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.