Monday, June 14, 2010

Easy Pasta Primavera

Read my new post about how I plan to relax and enjoy my summer and comment to be entered to win a $100 gift card courtesy of Crystal Light.

Now on to the recipe I made tonight for dinner. I used to love this dish at Olive Garden years ago, but they took it off the menu. So I made my own version using convenient bottled Alfredo sauce. I know, I know. It's cheating but......

Does it get any easier than this?

Easy Pasta Primavera

1 bag of Wacky Mac tri-color pasta (or what ever brand you have)
1 bottle Alfredo sauce (I used Bertolli. It was delicious.)
Olive oil

Slice and add as much as you want of:
zucchini
mushrooms
red pepper
green pepper

Add:
broccoli
grilled chicken (had chicken that was cooked in the crock pot with Mesquite Lime marinade)

Cook pasta per directions on bag. While pasta cooks, saute sliced veggies in olive oil in a skillet until tender. Throw broccoli into the boiling pasta water with 5 minutes left to cook.

Drain pasta and put it back into the pot. Add Alfredo sauce, sauteed veggies and chicken. Combine well and serve!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. yum this is what Tommy wanted for Fathers Day, so he got it, it was so good, thanks! I also had some garlic breadsticks too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!