Monday, October 11, 2010

Avena - Healthy Oatmeal Shake

I'm so glad I found this recipe! This is a popular drink in Latin America and it is so yummy for breakfast. It is low fat, high in fiber and lowers cholesterol. I usually eat my breakfast in my car on the way to work, so this is great for me.

Avena - Healthy Oatmeal Shake
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 Size: 1 cup Time: 10 minutes Calories: 93 Points: 1.75 ww points

  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 1 cup ice
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1-2 tsp cinammon
Cook oats and water in a small pot for about a minute or two, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.

In a blender add milk, sugar, cinammon. Add oats and ice. Blend on high until very smooth. Chill in refrigerator or pour in a glass over ice. Enjoy!! Makes 4 cups.

Yes, I am trying to cheat less and exercise more! Go to Cheat Day News and Reviews to read about fun ways to get yourself motivated to exercise. Leave a funny story for me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $150 Visa gift card from Laughing Cow!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I tried making this recipe once... was unsuccessful. Mine indicated I needed to refrigerate it over night.... I think this sounds better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever tried unsweetened almond milk? It's creamy and delicious and would cut another 50 calories from each serving (it's only 40 cal/cup) The best-tasting brand is Blue Diamond, the refrigerated carton-- for some reason the shelf carton doesn't taste quite the same...

    Just discovered your website and am looking forward to trying some of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this recipe! I need some new breakfast recipe and this one sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this out, I'm always looking for a healthy yummy breakfast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!