Thursday, November 11, 2010

Low-Fat Pumpkin Spice Cake

Have you tried Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts yet? SO yummy! Go to Cheat Day News and Reviews to see the Pop-Tarts Caramel Covered Apples I made and enter to win a $100 Visa gift Card from BlogHer!

Now to the spice cake!

I really love playing with this recipe! I've made Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins using canned pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling. This time I tried the spice cake mix and it was delicious. I think the cinnamon and sugar topping makes it extra special.

Low-Fat Pumpkin Spice Cake


1 Spice Cake Mix
1 (15 oz) Can Pure Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 egg
Lite Cool Whip
Cinnamon and Sugar to sprinkle

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 cake pan with non stick spray and put aside.

Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree and egg in a bowl and mix until fully combined. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and smooth out with a knife or bottom of a spoon. Place in oven and cook according to package diretions.

Frost cake when completely cooled with Cool Whip and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture before serving. Can also frost individual slices of cake with Cool Whip if you don't want to frost the whole cake.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. That sounds really great! What a perfect way to enjoy the flavors without all the butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making spice cake this way, I actually posted it as muffins on my blog earlier this week! I use 1/2C of applesauce instead of an egg. Its hard to believe that those few ingredients can create such a perfect cake/muffin! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pumpkin cake looks really good and a little healthier for you too! Thanks for the post. I'm going to check out the pumpkin pop-tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using things like pumpkin puree and applesauce instead of oil. You honestly don't miss all the fat, it's wonderful! I have never done it with a spice cake before though so I'll def. have to try that. Seems like the perfect time of year for it as well! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks my kind of dessert--yummy and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this, i want to make it and eat the whole pan! and it's so great that it's healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at pumpkin...I simply love all things pumpkin. This cake looks so flavorful and moist and low-fat too..wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously started drooling as soon as I saw the first picture! Ahhh sounds fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!