It was weigh in day today and I was happy with my two pound weight loss. That makes 14 pounds for the month! This week I really need to focus more on strength training. I need to build muscle to really wake up my metabolism.
Enough about that! Today was weigh in day, but do you know what that means? It is also CHEAT DAY!!
For my cheat day I made one of my favorite cakes. A Mint Chocolate Bundt Cake. One slice is all it takes to satisfy me and that is saying a lot! You have got to try this!
Mint Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 chocolate cake box mix
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 cups sour cream
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. mint extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the pan properly before baking the cake. Using a pastry brush, coat the Bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening. Make sure that you have greased the entire pan thoroughly, including all of the nooks and crannies.
2.Dust the pan lightly with flour. Tap the pan with the palms of your hand to distribute the flour evenly throughout the Bundt pan. Turn the pan over to remove any excess flour. Regrease and reflour any areas of the pan where the flour did not stick.
3. Combine chocolate chips and mint extract in a small bowl. Stir until chocolate chips are covered with extract. Let sit.
4. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat with mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in minted chocolate chips. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Just before the cake
7. To unmold the cake, immediately invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Use care as the cake will be very hot.
If the cake starts to break apart before it's out of the pan, allow the cake to cool in the pan for an additional 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a rubber spatula or plastic knife. Try to unmold the cake again, using the same steam-removal method.
8. Let cake cool and dust with powdered sugar.