Monday, May 16, 2011

Awesome Italian Herb and Garlic Bread

This was an experiment that made some of the most flavorful garlic bread I've ever had. A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for Dipping Spices for Italian bread. You combine the garlic and spices, add olive oil and dip your fresh, warm Italian bread. Well, I had some of the spice mixture left in my fridge and decided to make a garlic loaf with it. Here is what I did:

Garlic Herb Bread

1. Slice through a loaf of Italian or French bread, but keep the loaf in tact.

2. Take 1 Tablespoon of the Dipping Spices mixture and mix it into a stick of softened, salted butter until combined.

3. With a butter knife, spread butter/herb mixture on one side of each slice of bread.

4. Wrap loaf in foil loosely and bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.

Here is the recipe for the dipping spices mixture:

Dipping Spices

Believe me! This bread will disappear fast!

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum...I do something similar with my garlic bread! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really yummy! I bet it gets all melty and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!