Thursday, March 5, 2009

Zucchini Pizza



When I lived in Italy as a missionary for my church, I fell in love with a zucchini pizza that I had in Consenza. The zucchini were drenched in olive oil and beautifully sauteed. The mozzarella was so fresh and the crust was thin and crispy from the rustic wood oven. Che nostalgia!

This is my attempt to recreate the zucchini pizza on a little lighter scale. You know that when you are on a diet pretty much anything tastes good, but I actually loved this and it was very filling. I started another biggest loser competition on March 1st, so the game is ON! The next 12 weeks will be me....on a diet. Stay tuned for tips on food prep, exercise, snacks and other diet related tidbits that I have discovered. But first......zucchini pizza.


Zucchini Pizza

1 Arnold's Sandwich Thins (1pt)
2 TBSP pizza sauce (.5 pt)
1 stick of reduced fat string cheese or 4 TBSP low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese (2 pts)
1 tsp olive oil (1pt)
thinly sliced zucchini (0 pts)
garlic salt
basil
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (.5 pts)

Drizzle 1 TBSP olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add zucchini and season with garlic salt. Cook until zucchini is soft. In the mean time, place the two halves of the sandwich thin on a cookie sheet and spread 1 TBSP of pizza sauce on each half. Sprinkle on cheese and top with prepared zucchini. Sprinkle top of pizza with basil and Parmesan. Put in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes and then put under broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese.

Bon Appetito!

1 comment:

  1. i made these the other night with grated zuch slices and it was a hit, so gooood! ;) thanks M.
    L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Cheat Day Cafe!